Scripture - 2 Corinthians 5:17
To be a new creation:
- Is to experience a new awakening of God by the Spirit of Christ in us
- Is to experience a new relationship with God
- Is to experience living as new humanity (person) in Christ
- Is to experience the transforming power of Christ
Scriptures: 2 Cor.3:18, Gal. 5:22
2 Cor.3:18 - And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
Gal. 5:22,23 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
The Transformed Life via:
- Control of our Emotions
- Control of our Speech
- Control of the Lazy bones
- Control of our appetites
Scripture - Psalm 32:11, Phil. 4:4
What are some roadblocks to our worship? Why do we come to church but fail to lift up in worship?
Here are some of the reasons that hinders our worship:
- Guilt and shame
- Mood swings
- Wrong view of God
Scripture - 1 Peter 3:19
Easter Service - Holy Saturday
What happened on Holy Saturday? Was it all quiet and nothing took place?
Scripture - Revelation 4:11 - You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honour and power, because you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.
Worship == Worthship
Singer, composer and songwriter Anna Furlong shares her insight on worship, a matter special and close to her heart.
Why did Jesus tell us the story of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10:25-37? That we're to ask 'to whom can I be a neighbour?' and not 'who is my neighbour?'
Like Good Samaritans:
- We serve willingly
- We serve with compassion
- We serve without fanfare
- We serve excellently
- We serve across all borders
Maximising our Serving with S.H.A.P.E.
- S - Spiritual Gifts
- Holy Spirit - 9 Gifts (1 Cor.12:8-11)
- Jesus Christ - Ascension Gifts (Eph.4:11-12)
- God the Father - Gifts of Grace (Rom.12:6-8)
- H - Heart
- A - Abilities (1 Cor. 10:31)
- P - Personality
- E - Experiences (Rom.8:28)
To Serve or Not to Serve?
Scripture: John 13:2 - 12
Lessons in Servanthood by Jesus:
- Serving is an act of following in the footstep of Jesus – a humbling and not a humiliating act
- Acts of serving are worthy of respect and nothing is beneath us (Matt.23:11)
- Through acts of serving we demonstrate true greatness (Matt.20:25-28)
- Blessings and happiness come to those who serve (John 13:17)